Signal Equipment Installation Nearing Completion
Update 12/22 - Signal Activation Pending Final Inspection
City Contractors have completed installation of all new signal equipment at the intersection. Activation of the signal is contingent upon final electrical inspections, and coordination with Eversource Electric.
The project team is actively prioritizing these final steps. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work toward this this milestone in the intersection redesign process
City contractors are in the process of installing new traffic signal equipment at the intersection of Alewife Brook Parkway and Powder House Boulevard as part of the City’s intersection redesign project.
We expect installation will be complete and signals to be turned on within approximately the next 1-2 weeks.
Initial Temporary Signal Configuration
After signals are turned on, there will be an approximately 2 week period where they are configured as follows:
- Flashing yellow to traffic approaching from Alewife Brook Pkwy.
- Indicates people driving should proceed with caution.
- Flashing red to traffic approaching from Powder House Blvd.
- Indicates people driving should come to a complete stop before proceeding when it is safe to do so.
- The current signalized crosswalk across Alewife Brook Parkway to the west of the intersection will remain in place throughout this period.
- New pedestrian signals/crossing will not be turned on/active during this temporary configuration.
Regular Signal Configuration
Following the approximately 2 week temporary configuration, signal equipment will be switched to its regular (green, yellow, red) configuration.
- At this stage, pedestrian signals will be turned on and new crossings will be activated.
- Old signalized crossing along Alewife Brook Parkway will be deactivated at this stage
Please observe all signals/signage and proceed with caution while navigating through the intersection.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Engineering Division at 617-625-6600 ext. 5400.