Initial Phase of Work Underway at 10 Poplar Street
City contractors have begun preliminary work at the 10 Poplar St. site. This initial phase of work consists primarily of readying the site for future excavation.
Anticipated Work Schedule (subject to change):
Construction is expected to take place weekdays, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Initial Locations and Descriptions of Work:
- Removal of asphalt and concrete surfaces within 10 Poplar Street site.
- Installation of fencing along 10 Poplar St/Linwood Street site-perimeter.
- Includes erosion and sediment control around the work zone.
- Soil characterization and excavation prep.
Anticipated Construction Impacts:
- Periodic elevated noise levels (construction hours, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. only).
- Some on-street parking may be restricted. Please observe posted signage.
- Trash/recycling pick-ups and deliveries will not be affected.
As the project progresses additional information on progress and upcoming construction activities will be made available on this page.
If you have questions, please call the Engineering Division at 617-625-6600 ext. 5400 or email email@example.com
Sign up for city alerts to receive notification of construction in your neighborhood, snow emergencies and more at Somervillema.gov/alerts.