Avon St. Paving, Week of 5/15
Weather permitting, as early as next Monday, May 15th, City contractors will begin the reconstruction of Avon St. as part of the Spring Hill Sewer Separation Project.
- On-street parking will be restricted during construction. Please observe posted signage.
- Periodic road closure during milling and paving.
- Access will be maintained for residents.
- Access to your driveway may be temporarily restricted.
- Onsite crews are available to help you get in and out of your driveway as needed.
- Trash/recycling pick-ups and deliveries will not be affected.
Planned Work and Anticipated Schedule (subject to change):
Work hours are weekdays between approximately 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Week of 5/15
- Milling the roadway (removal of current top layers of asphalt), then raising cast iron structures in the street.
- Paving an initial binder course of asphalt.
- Initial paving enables contractors to begin setting new curbing and installing new sidewalks
Remainder of Spring/Summer
- Installation of new streetscape improvements
- New sidewalks and green infrastructure (bioretention basin and irrigated planting area)
- Final curb-to-curb paving
- Separate notification will be sent ahead of final paving
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Engineering Division at (617) 625-6600 ext. 5400 with questions.