Summer Street (School St. to Spring St.) Reconstruction
Starting the week of June 12 (weather permitting), City contractors will begin the reconstruction of Summer St. between Spring St. and School St.
Initial work will include milling of the roadway (removal of the top layers of pavement). Subsequently, repaving with an initial binder course of asphalt will take place over the following weeks, additional notification will be provided ahead of paving.
This next phase of work will facilitate the installation of new streetscape improvements (including new sidewalks and green infrastructure) over the coming months. Final paving will take place later this year.
- On-street parking will be restricted during construction. Please observe posted signage.
- Periodic road closure during milling and paving.
- Access will be maintained for residents.
- Access to your driveway may be temporarily restricted.
- Onsite crews are available to help you get in and out of your driveway as needed.
- Trash/recycling pick-ups and deliveries will not be affected.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience as we work to upgrade utilities and install streetscape improvements throughout the Spring Hill neighborhood.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Engineering Division at (617) 625-6600 ext. 5400 with questions.